Villa Zakątek is located in the Piastowskie Housing District in Lublin, which has very nicely developed green areas, manly walking alleys and enchanting spots for cosy leisure of its inhabitants. 40 limestone open-air sculptures presenting the scenes from the life of the Piasts located at the territory of the district, constitute an additional element enriching it. Such sculptures were prepared as a result of the Lublin Art Meetings.
The District administration authorities have performed an in-depth revitalization of the central square of the District, together with the fountain and surrounding areas based on the design prepared by the students of the Institute of Landscape Architecture of the Catholic University in Lublin which was selected in a contest.
This square received an award of Cristal Brick in “Home 2014” competition in the category of Public Areas. The number of roads is limited in the District, thus the walking alleys are safe and comfortable.
In the neigbourhood:
- Globus sport hall — 300 m,
- Roman Catholic Parish of St. Joseph Church — 350 m,
- City library (Branch No. 13) — 450 m,
- LSM Cultural Center — rich offer for seniors, Active Senior Club, Cinema — 650 m,
- UMCS swimming pool — 750 m,
- Swimming pool of the University of Life Sciences — 900 m,
- medical clinics,
- bus stop,
- green areas, park, walking paths.